10 Best Cart Abandonment Plugins and Tools for eCommerce (2021) – Free & Premium!
With the average online shopping cart abandonment rate at 68.81%, it’s no wonder eCommerce owners are constantly looking for ways to improve these numbers.
The key to decreasing your cart abandonment rate is to combine both cart abandonment tools with analytics plugins. This way, you understand where your customers come from, and you see what design elements, products, or marketing techniques are driving them away from making a purchase.
Therefore, we compiled a list of the most useful Cart abandonment plugins and tools for 2021 and analyzed which of them are the most compatible and affordable.
01. WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
When it comes to cart abandonment plugins and tools for WooCommerce, this is a go-to for many marketers. The WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart plugin serves as a way to automatically configure and send out abandoned cart emails to get users to come back to your store.
The tool integrates with every WooCommerce theme on the market, and you get some nifty features like translations and coupon codes.
- Include coupon codes to encourage users to return.
- Put a cart link in the automated emails.
- It works with simple and variable products.
- Email templates are included.
- Capture user phone numbers for more follow-ups.
- It has a manual email send feature.
- It only works with WooCommerce.
- You may have trouble if the theme isn’t built for WooCommerce.
02. Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
As another tool for WooCommerce, the Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce plugin is completely free. We like it for those trying to test whether this functionality is best for them.
After that, we tend to recommend upgrading to the paid version (below).
- It logs carts and sends out emails after a user punches in their email address and abandons their cart.
- See all abandoned carts and recovered orders in the admin area.
- Each product is broken down in a report to see if maybe some of them have problems with items like reviews, product descriptions, or pictures.
- You can create your own email templates with simple HTML.
- Email notifications are stopped once the customer makes a purchase.
- You receive far more features with the pro version. For example, sending out an email every day is not possible with the free version.
- The templates are limited with the free version.
- Incentives aren’t built-in.
- You’ll have to look elsewhere (or to the Pro version) for adding custom variables.
- The plugin only works with WooCommerce.
03. Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce
This is the more advanced version of the plugin we talked about above. It does seem a bit pricey at first, but most stores can make back their money by bringing back two or three customers.
The goal of the plugin is to make more sales from the people who left their carts. Similar to the free version, this one captures registered customer information, then sends out emails once abandoned.
The main difference comes in the form of customization with those emails.
- You can track the carts of guest users as well as registered ones.
- Generate an unlimited number of email templates, and send them at different intervals.
- Put WooCommerce coupons in the emails.
- Add custom variables like product information and customer names.
- Emails are stopped when an order is finally made.
- Track whether or not expired coupons are causing people to abandon.
- It only works with WooCommerce.
- Some people online think it’s a little too pricey (I don’t necessarily agree with this, though). However, all businesses have varying budgets, so it’s worth mentioning.
04. Cart Lift
Price: From $79.99/ year for a single site. Limited free version available.
Cart lift is an abandoned cart recovery plug-in designed to be used with Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce. Using the plugin you can set up automated email campaigns to recover any abandoned carts and improve sales. The plugin features a selection of tried and tested email templates that will give you the best chance of recovering lost sales.
- Automatically stops recovery correspondence when customers make a purchase
- Automatically sends discount codes
- Uses pop-up to collect email address at ‘add to cart’ stage
- Free version is quite limited
- Free version only includes community support features (no priority support from experts)
- Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce
Price: Prices start at $15/month. Free version available
Retainful is a WooCommerce plug-in designed to help you reach out to customers that have abandoned their cart and get them back on the site to make a purchase. The plug-in allows you to set up automated campaigns to contact cart abandoners and send out coupons and discounts they can use in their next order.
- Automates recovery emails
- Cart recovery and conversion report creation feature
- Next order coupon automation
- Only compatible with WooCommerce (although it’s rumored to be launching a Shopify app soon)
- No coupons included feature for cart recovery emails
06. CM Commerce
Price: Starting at $9 per month with free trials available. Price increases as your list grow.
CM Commerce is an email marketing platform with many features, including cart abandonment. has features for handling abandoned carts. The tool comes with a selection of pre-made re-engagement campaign to encourage cart abandoners to complete their purchase.
- It’s more than just an abandoned cart plugin. Can be used for all your email marketing needs
- Adds personalized coupons to cart reminder emails
- Shows all of the items they left in their cart
- Sends reviews of products left in the cart
- The cheapest plan only includes lists of up to 500
- Price increases as the email list grow
- Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
07. Hubspot for Woocomerce
Price: Base plugin is free. For cart abandonment features a purchasable add on is required for $79.99 (lifetime purchase)
Hubspot for WooCommerce is an email marketing plugin that will allow you to track and manage cart abandonment (add-on required) and manage other email marketing and automation tasks.
The plugin is a great all in one solution for CRM. The plugin also allows you to sync your store data to HubSpot to manage all your email marketing and cart abandonment needs.
- All-in-one CRM with cart abandonment features
- Easy-to-use interface
- Only available for WooCommerce
- Cart abandonment features require purchasable add-on
- Cart abandonment features arent as extensive as other dedicated plugins
Price: $29.99 per month + 5% of recovered sales
The pricing for Jilt hurts it quite a bit, but that’s no reason to not look into the plugin. Overall, it has a solid tracking system, and it has a really nice feature for recovering revenue from multiple shops.
- You only have to pay one monthly fee if you’re utilizing the app on multiple shops. This is the main reason I would recommend it to anyone.
- Send an unlimited number of campaigns for every abandoned order.
- Personalize emails with names and emails.
- In their defense, the Jilt company only has one pricing plan, making it simple.
- The pricing strategy is bogus. High volume vendors get stuck with a bad percentage, while low volume vendors have to pay a high monthly fee.
- The email templates are pretty darn basic.
- I would expect a full suite of abandonment products for the price.
Price: Premium plan prices for single-site start at $52/month. Free version available.
CartBounty is a dedicated plugin for WooCommerce that ensures that no cart gets left behind. With the help of the plugin, you can monitor carts in real-time, export abandoned cart details to excel, and set up automated cart recovery.
This plugin has everything you need to efficiently reduce cart abandonment, and it has a free version available too.
- Free version available
- Extensive cart monitoring features
- Compliant with GDPR regulations
- Specifically for cart abandonment. Not an all in one tool for email marketing
- Only integrates with WooCommerce
10. YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
Price: From $79 to $199
Consider YITH if you’re currently running (or planning on making) a WooCommerce store. What’s interesting is that if you join the YITH club ($25 per month) you get access to all of the eCommerce plugins made by the company.
- Although it looks like a high price, you should recoup your costs quickly. Plus, it’s better than paying a monthly fee.
- A watered-down free version is provided for you to test out.
- Evaluate all abandoned carts and automatically send out emails to these users.
- Show customer and cart information.
- Non-registered users can recover their carts.
- Add coupons.
- The reports are solid.
- I can’t imagine ever using the free version for a serious site.
- The email templates are nothing to write home about.
- You can only use YITH with WooCommerce.