8 Best Oberlo Alternatives for Your Dropshipping Business (2021)
Looking for an alternative to Oberlo to help you run your dropshipping business? We’ve got you covered.
Oberlo might be the most popular dropshipping solution, but it isn’t the only one. There’s a whole world of other dropshipping apps and tools out there to choose from.
We’ve reviewed each of them in-depth and provided all the details you need to find the right one for you, including information about pricing, compatible ecommerce platforms, and vendors.
Ready? Let’s get started
What is Oberlo?
Oberlo is the go-to dropshipping solution for Shopify users. It’s a tool that integrates with Shopify to make it easier to find products from suppliers, import them into your store, and fulfill orders.
You can browse products from AliExpress suppliers directly from the Oberlo dashboard. When you find a product you want to sell, you can edit the product information and import it to your store in just a few clicks.
When customers make a purchase from your store, Oberlo helps you to fulfill the order by automatically adding the customer’s product to your shopping cart on AliExpress and filling in their shipping details. All you have to do is make the payment and the product is shipped straight to the customer.
Sounds pretty great, right? However, there are some drawbacks.
First off, Oberlo only allows you to import products from AliExpress suppliers. Therefore, all products are shipped from China, which means super long shipping times. If you want to offer fast delivery to your customers, Oberlo might not be the right fit for you.
Secondly, Oberlo only integrates with Shopify. If you’ve built your store on a different ecommerce platform, such as WooCommerce, you won’t be able to use it.
And finally, because Oberlo is so popular, there tends to be a lot of competition. There are a limited number of products to choose from, which means Oberlo users often all end up offering the same products in their store. This drives the average profit margins down.
If these shortcomings make Oberlo the wrong fit for your business, don’t worry. There are plenty of alternatives out there. Here are some of our favorites.
8 best Oberlo alternatives at a glance
- Spocket – One of the best Oberlo alternatives if you want to dropship products from vendors in the US/EU.
- AliDropship – The best WooCommerce dropshipping plugin (AliExpress suppliers only).
- Importify – A fantastic Oberlo alternative with one of the widest variety of vendors to choose from.
- Printful – The best print-on-demand dropshipping platform.
- ApiDrop – An Oberlo alternative that works on most eCommerce platforms, including Magento, BigCommerce, Wix, Shopify, and WooCommerce.
- Modalyst – Our favorite Oberlo alternative for fashion and apparel stores.
- Spreadr – The best dropshipping tool for importing products from Amazon.
- Dropified – A great all-around alternative to Oberlo with advanced features.
Top 8 Oberlo alternatives reviewed
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty details. Below, you’ll find everything you need to know about each of our top eight favorite alternatives to Oberlo.
One of the biggest drawbacks of Oberlo is that it only works with vendors based in China. If you’d prefer to dropship products from the US or EU, let me introduce you to Spocket.
80 percent of Spocket suppliers are based in Europe or the US so if your customers are mostly from these regions, shipping is likely to be much quicker.
You can use Spocket to import products from your favorite suppliers into your store in minutes. If you want to test out the products before you buy, you can even order product samples from your dashboard. This makes it easy to find high-quality suppliers and build a reliable business model.
💵 Pricing: You can try Spocket for free and browse their catalog of products. Paid plans start at $24 per month.
If you’re looking for an Oberlo alternative that works well with WordPress/WooCommerce, AliDropship is the answer.
AliDropship offers a dedicated WooCommerce dropshipping plugin designed to integrate your store with AliExpress. Once you’ve installed it, you’ll instantly be given access to a huge database of handpicked top-performing products from AliExpress across a variety of niches.
The one-click import function allows you to import products you like (complete with images, product variations, text, and more) into your store in a single click.
It provides everything you need to run your dropshipping business in one neat interface. Traffic stats, orders, pricing, sales, and product information are all managed from a single unified control panel accessible from your WordPress dashboard.
AliDropship also has a bunch of useful automation features that allow you to automate time-consuming processes. For example, rather than modifying the pricing of each product individually, you can simply tweak your profit settings and the plugin will automatically adjust the pricing for your entire product catalog.
Unfortunately, AliDropship is only compatible with AliExpress and WooCommerce. So, if you’re using a different eCommerce platform or want to import products from other vendors, it’s not the right solution for you.
💵 Pricing: You can purchase access to the AliDropship plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce for a one-time payment of $89.
Importify makes it easy to import best-selling products from a huge variety of vendor suppliers and automates the dropshipping process.
Like Oberlo, Importify integrates with Shopify. However, unlike Oberlo, Importify also works with WooCommerce, Wix, and Jumpseller.
As the name suggests, Importify really stands out when it comes to the number of websites you can import products from. Importify supports hundreds of different wholesale websites, including:
- Plus many more!
This wide variety of vendors means you’re not just limited to the same old AliExpress products as your competitors. As such, it’s much easier to find juicy, high-performing products that your competitors don’t know about.
Aside from that, Importify also offers a bunch of powerful features that help you to run your store. For example, you can use the in-built research tool to spy on your competitors and find proven products in your niche. The semi-automatic order fulfillment feature also helps save you time by streamlining the order fulfillment process.
Importify even offers a step-by-step dropshipping guide to help their customers learn how to promote their shops and drive more traffic.
💵 Pricing: Importify offers several pricing plans, starting at $14.95/month for their Basic plan. You can sign up for a free trial here.
Printful is another great alternative to Oberlo and the best choice for print-on-demand businesses.
Unlike the other dropshipping solutions on this list, Printful is specifically designed for print-on-demand (POD) businesses.
If you didn’t already know, print-on-demand is a specific type of dropshipping in which you sell your own custom designs on various products (like T-shirts, mugs, etc.). Once you make a sale, Printful will print the product and fulfill the order for you.
Here are some of the standout features that set Printful apart from other POD service providers:
- Extensive integrations and platform compatibility. Printful is compatible with many different platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Etsy, Amazon, eBay, and more.
- Large product catalog. Printful also offers a very large range of products, including apparel, drinkware, flip flops, posters, canvas prints, tote bags, phone accessories, and more. All products are very high-quality and made from premium materials.
- Local fulfillment. Printful offers reasonably fast shipping at competitive rates.
- Whitelabel support. You can sell products through Printful under your own custom branding.
- Design Maker tool. Printful offers its own in-house design tool. You can use it to create your own unique product designs using templates and images.
- No order minimums. Printful will print and ship your products as they come in. You don’t have to wait until you can order a batch of products in one go.
💵 Pricing: It’s free to sign up for Printful so you don’t have to pay any fees upfront. You only pay Printful once you make a sale. The amount you pay is typically only a portion of the sale price.
ApiDrop is another one of the best Oberlo alternatives out there. It can be used on a ton of eCommerce platforms, including Magento, BigCommerce, and more.
Their patent-pending technology makes setup a breeze. You can connect your e-commerce platform to ApiDrop in a few clicks, without having to install any modules or mess around with any code. All you need is your website URL and API credentials.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll find that ApiDrop offers a much larger variety of dropshipping products than Oberlo. Their enormous dropshipping catalog includes millions of different products, all of which you can import at the click of a button.
Their Category Import feature even allows you to import a whole product category, including thousands of products, in a couple of clicks.
You can also use ApiDrop’s Market Trends data to quickly pick out trending products within your niche and differentiate your catalog from your competitors.
💵 Pricing: ApiDrop offers three different pricing plans, starting from $29/month. You can also try it out for free before you buy by signing up here.
Modalyst is another super-popular dropshipping tool. It’s also our top pick for the best Oberlo alternative for fashion and apparel stores.
It integrates with hundreds of eCommerce distribution websites to give you access to a huge range of name-brand fashion and apparel products from leading brands like Calvin Klein and Timberland. A quick browse through their catalog will reveal thousands of t-shirts, jackets, pants, shoes, and more from some of the best distributors around the world.
Unlike Oberlo, Modalyst gives you access to US and European suppliers, as well as top AliExpress vendors. It also comes recommended by titans of the fashion industry, having been rated the top dropshipping software by Vogue and Elle.
You can set up pricing rules to automatically markup products across your store. Not only that but you can even automatically factor in the shipping costs into your product pricing. That way, you can offer free shipping to your customers without it eating into your margins.
Modalyst integrates with Shopify, Wix, and BigCommerce.
💵 Pricing: You can get started with Modalyst’s Hobby plan for free. This plan has a 25 product limit and a 5% transaction fee. Paid plans start at $35/month.
Want to add products from Amazon to your dropshipping store? Spreadr is the tool you’re looking for.
Spreadr is the best Oberlo alternative for importing products from Amazon. There are two ways to use it:
1. You can sign up to the Amazon Affiliates program and use Spreadr to link out to affiliate products in your store, then earn a commission on each sale.
2. Instead of using affiliate links, you can collect orders and take payment for Amazon products from within your store, and then fulfill them yourself later.
The Spreadr Amazon importer app is available for Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce stores. Once you install it, you can easily find products from Amazon, modify their titles and descriptions to match your brand, and import them in one click. The app uses the official Amazon API to pull product data, which means prices and availability are updated automatically.
Spreadr also includes other advanced features like markup pricing, currency conversion support, auto-tags, and more.
Overall, it may be a good option if you’re looking to import Amazon products. However, it’s your responsibility to make sure it complies with Amazon’s T&Cs, so do your research before you use it.
💵 Pricing: A free plan is available for Shopify stores. Paid Spreadr App plans start from $5/month, and a 7-day trial is also available
Last but not least, let’s talk about Dropfiied, another great all-around alternative to Oberlo with some of the most advanced features.
Dropified is one of the more advanced dropshipping apps on the market, with a ton of powerful features designed to streamline your dropshipping operations and make your business more successful, such as:
- Rapid imports. Add products in seconds from AliExpress, eBay, and other supported vendors.
- Automated order fulfillment. This helps to save you time on boring, repetitive tasks.
- Advanced product research. The AliExtractor research tool makes it easy to find profitable, high-performing products on AliExpress.
- Importable product reviews. You can use this to add social proof to your product pages, which can help to boost your conversion rates and help you to land more sales.
- Profit Dashboard. Keep track of your profits and get an overview of your bottom line.
- Product image editor. Tweak product images to make them fit your store branding as you import.
- Product alerts. These alerts notify you when new products become available so you can always keep your finger on the pulse.
Dropified integrates with popular eCommerce platforms including Shopify, WooCommerce, and CommerceHQ.
💵 Pricing: Dropified offers a free Research Plan. Paid plans start at $19/month. A 14-day free trial is available.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how Dropified stacks up against Oberlo, check out our Dropfied vs Oberlo comparison. We pitted both tools head-to-head to see which one came out on top.
🤔 Which of these Oberlo alternatives is right for you?
That concludes our roundup of the best Oberlo alternatives for dropshipping businesses. As you can see, there are a lot of great options out there. Just make sure you choose one that fits your business model.
Still not sure which dropshipping tool to go for? Here’s what we’d recommend:
- If you want to sell products from reliable US/EU suppliers, go for Spocket, Modalyst, or Importify.
- For stores built on WooCommerce and WordPress, choose AliDropship.
- For stores built on any other platform besides Shopify and WooCommerce, try ApiDrop.
- If you plan on importing products from Amazon, Spreadr may be the right choice.
- And if you want to sell print-on-demand goods, give Printful a shot.
Do you have any questions about dropshipping or Oberlo alternatives? Let us know in the comments section below!