7 Best Live Chat eCommerce Tools for Shopify, WooCommerce + More
Searching for the best live chat for eCommerce to offer better support and boost your store’s sales?
While most live chat software can work for an eCommerce store, some tools go above and beyond with adding eCommerce integrations and features.
For example, a quality eCommerce live chat tool might help you pull up customers’ order histories in the chat interface to streamline support, offer sales automation tools to boost revenue, let you edit/refund orders in your eCommerce platform right from the chat interface, and more.
You can use the comparison table below to get a quick glance at the tools that we’ll feature – keep reading for more details on each platform, along with pros and cons.
|Software||Free Plan?||Starting Price for Paid|
|Gorgias||❌||$10/month for 3 agents and 50 active chat sessions|
|Support Board||❌||$98 one-time|
|Richpanel||✅||$250/month for up to 3 agents and 50 active chat sessions|
|DelightChat||❌||$49/month for 5 agents and 1,000 conversations|
Seven Best Live Chat for eCommerce Stores
⚠️ A note about pricing:
Most live chat for eCommerce tools use per-agent pricing. It’s important to note that this usually only refers to simultaneously active agents, not the total number of registered agents.
For example, if you have five registered chat agents but only one agent is active at any time, most tools would only count that as one agent for billing (but double-check your chosen tool’s policy just to make sure).
1. LiveChat – Best Overall Features
In terms of the number of useful and powerful features on offer, LiveChat is one of the overall best live chat tools you’ll find for any type of website.
For eCommerce stores, though, LiveChat offers a number of bonus features including the following:
- Recommend products using live chat, including personalized greetings based on shopper behavior.
- See customer order history in live chat (to streamline support).
- Chatbot automations, such as offering coupons based on a shopper’s order value, abandoned cart reminders, and so on.
LiveChat also offers built-in integrations with pretty much all eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, Squarespace, Wix, BigCommerce, and more.
💰Pricing: Paid plans from $24/agent/month, but some advanced eCommerce features are only available on the Team plan, which starts at $49/agent/month.
If you want chatbots, you’ll need to pay for the ChatBot plan which starts at $65 per month.
- Has one of the strongest feature lists.
- Dedicated eCommerce features for both sales and customer service.
- Very polished interfaces for both users and chat agents.
- LiveChat has its own app marketplace, which lets you access an unparalleled number of features and integrations.
- You need to pay for a separate service for chatbots (though it comes from the same developer).
- It can be expensive if you need multiple human agents and chatbots – but you get a lot of features and benefits for your money.
2. Tidio – Strong Chatbot and Automation Functionality
Tidio is the most popular Shopify live chat app in the Shopify App Marketplace, though it also works with all other major eCommerce platforms including WooCommerce and Magento.
Having dedicated apps is great because it means that Tidio can automatically sync with your store from day one.
In fact, Tidio has 30+ pre-built chatbot templates that you can use for abandoned carts, upsells, discount codes, personalized product recommendations, and more.
Beyond chatbots, Tidio also offers omnichannel live chat support so that you can chat with customers on your eCommerce store, as well as via other platforms such as Messenger and Instagram.
💰Pricing: Limited free plan. Paid plans from $39/month for chatbots and $19/agent/month for human chat. You can purchase the plans separately if you only want one type of chat.
- The limited free plan might work for small stores.
- Strong chatbot and automation functionality, which makes Tido a great option if you want to use chatbots as part of your strategy.
- The frontend interface looks very nice and modern.
- The chatbot and human support features are on separate pricing plans, which can make it a bit expensive if you want access to both sets of features.
3. Chatra – Good Value Option
Chatra is another one of the top eCommerce live chat providers. It’s one of the most popular Shopify live chat apps, but it also works with other eCommerce platforms.
In total, Chatra has dedicated eCommerce integrations for Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Ecwid.
Beyond general live chat features such as real-time visitor lists and canned responses, Chatra has some special eCommerce benefits including the following:
- See contents of shoppers’ carts in real-time.
- eCommerce automations such as abandoned cart reminders.
You can also set up simple chatbots to automate support or sales, without the need to pay for a separate service.
Chatra also offers an omnichannel chat approach, letting you chat via Messenger and Instagram in addition to your eCommerce store.
💰Pricing: Limited free plan for one agent. Paid plans from $21/agent/month.
- Dedicated apps for most popular eCommerce platforms including Shopify and WooCommerce.
- The free plan is capable if you don’t need advanced eCommerce live chat features.
- The live chat and chatbot features are available in the same plan, which helps keep costs down.
- While you can set up simple chatbots, the chatbot features are not as robust as LiveChat or Tidio (but those tools cost a lot more).
- No dedicated Magento integration – you can add the chat widget to Magento stores, but you won’t get the dedicated eCommerce features such as being able to see the contents of a shopper’s cart.
4. Gorgias – Dedicated eCommerce Helpdesk and Live Chat
Gorgias is live chat software specifically built for eCommerce, with integrations for Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, and some other platforms.
Notably, it currently lacks a dedicated WooCommerce integration, though.
It’s worth noting that Gorgias is more of a complete helpdesk solution rather than just live chat, but live chat is still one of the biggest parts of what Gorgias does.
It comes with tools to both better support your shoppers and help you drive more sales:
- Agents can easily recommend products in chat.
- View customer order history in chat.
- Edit or refund orders directly from Gorgias.
- 85+ integrations to also manage reviews, shopping, and more from Gorgias.
You can also set up custom automations to streamline all types of different scenarios.
💰Pricing: From $10/month for up to three users and 50 active chats (only chats that you respond to count against your limits). Additional chats cost $0.40 each.
Higher-tier plans support unlimited agents from $60/month.
Automations/chatbots cost extra and depend on the plan you’re using (they’re also not available on the cheapest plan). Automation starts from $30/month.
- It’s 100% dedicated to eCommerce, so the entire experience is built for stores.
- It has an especially tight integration with Shopify, which is why it’s popular in the Shopify App Marketplace.
- Higher-tier plans support unlimited agents, and even the cheapest plan supports three agents.
- Some people might not like the billing model of billing based on active chats. This is the tradeoff for the high agent limits.
- No dedicated WooCommerce integration, so WooCommerce stores will want to look elsewhere for now.
5. Support Board – Self-Hosted Live Chat for WooCommerce Stores
Support Board is one of the best dedicated WooCommerce live chat tools. However, it doesn’t support other eCommerce platforms, so we don’t recommend it unless you’re using WooCommerce.
One of the most unique things about Support Board is that it’s a self-hosted WordPress plugin, rather than a SaaS like all of the other tools on this list. This lets you keep all of the data on your own servers (though it also means you’ll use your own server resources to power the chat).
While the core Support Board plugin just handles general live chat functionality, the WooCommerce extension adds in a bunch of eCommerce-specific features including the following:
- Automations including abandoned cart reminders, personalized discounts, and more.
- View customer order history and lifetime spend in the chat interface.
- Send and insert product cards in live chat.
- View customer carts in real-time.
You can also create custom WooCommerce chatbots using Dialogflow. And for more flexibility, you can purchase other extensions to add omnichannel support for WhatsApp, Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, and others.
💰Pricing: The core Support Board plugin costs $59 one-time with lifetime updates. The WooCommerce add-on then costs $39 for one year of support and updates.
You can also buy a bundle of all extensions for $79, which includes omnichannel chat tools.
- Like WordPress, Support Board is a self-hosted tool, which keeps all the data on your server.
- It has some of the most detailed WooCommerce-specific features.
- There are no arbitrary agent or chat limits.
- It’s very affordable.
- If you’re not using WooCommerce, Support Board is not the best option.
- The fact that Support Board is self-hosted might also be a con for some users.
6. Richpanel – Powerful Automation and Self-Service
Richpanel is a powerful, but expensive, live chat solution for serious eCommerce brands.
It’s the most expensive tool on this list by a good margin, so it won’t work for bootstrapping stores. There is a limited free plan, though, so you can get your feet wet without paying.
One of Richpanel’s standout features is its focus on automation and customer self-service. The idea is that customers can use chatbots and automation tools to handle most of their requests so that your human customer service can focus on other issues.
For example, customers can track orders, initiate refunds, report damaged items, and more, all without needing to interact with human agents.
It also offers smart routing and other convenient features to help you support your customers more effectively.
Richpanel supports most major eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
It also offers helpful integrations with other channels including your Amazon Store, Instagram, Aircall (phone support), and more.
💰Pricing: Limited free plan for up to 100 conversations per month on Shopify stores.
Plans start from $300/month for the Shopify integration and 1,000 monthly conversations ($30 per 100 additional conversations). More integrations and features go for $600/month.
- Tons of options for customer self-service.
- Detailed automation and routing rules to help your agents work more efficiently.
- Omnichannel approach, including an option to manage Amazon store queries from Richpanel, which is great if you sell both via your own website and Amazon.
- Has other useful integrations such as Aircall.
- It’s expensive. Unless you can fit on the free plan, Richpanel is out of reach for small stores.
- Some people might not like that you need to pay extra if you exceed your conversation limits.
7. DelightChat – For Omnichannel eCommerce Communication
DelightChat is an eCommerce live chat tool with a focus on omnichannel sales and chat, with an even more specific focus on WhatsApp marketing.
If your store needs to regularly communicate across different channels such as Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp (as well as your website), this is a good option to consider.
You can use DelightChat on any site, but DelightChat only offers a dedicated integration for Shopify. So if you’re using a different eCommerce platform, you might want to choose a different tool.
DelightChat is also specifically built for Shopify eCommerce stores, so it comes with a number of helpful features:
- Send automated messages including abandoned cart reminders.
- Include product cards in chat.
- View customer order history in chat.
- Edit Shopify data directly from DelightChat, including refunding or canceling orders.
- Offer customer self-service, such as letting shoppers look up order status via live chat.
💰Pricing: Plans start at $49/month for up to five agents, 1,000 monthly chats, and 5,000 marketing contacts.
Note – for billing, DelightChat only counts chat sessions where you respond to the customer.
- Built for eCommerce stores that need an omnichannel approach, especially stores that utilize WhatsApp marketing.
- Has a very tight Shopify integration, which is great for Shopify users.
- High agent limits, with unlimited support on higher-tier plans. This is nice for big teams.
- The entry-level plan doesn’t offer good value if you only have one or two agents and/or you won’t make use of the omnichannel tools.
- Only has a dedicated integration for Shopify.
- Some people might not like that you need to pay extra if you exceed your conversation limits.
Get Started With eCommerce Live Chat Today
That wraps up our curated collection of the best live chat for eCommerce.
If you want the best overall tool and you’re willing to pay for it, I recommend starting with LiveChat.
While it is a bit more expensive than most other tools, you do get your money’s worth in terms of its features, integrations, and user experience.
Overall, it has a solid balance of functionality and price.
The fact that you can extend LiveChat via LiveChat’s app marketplace also gives you more flexibility than pretty much any other tool.
However, all of the other tools have their own strong points, so we encourage you to consider if the other options might better fit your needs. We tried to include pros and cons to help you make the right decision.
Many of these tools also offer free trials, so you can test them out at no risk.
Get started today and you’ll be up and running with the perfect live chat system in no time!
For more complete ways to support your customers, you can also check out our collection of the best eCommerce helpdesk software.