The 7 Top Zapier Alternatives to Consider in 2021
Zapier is one of the most useful tools for business owners today.
This software solution helps organizations to streamline business processes. With Zapier, you can connect the apps that you use each day, and even automate repetitive parts of any workflow.
If you run a company and you need to improve efficiency, Zapier can help. For instance, business leaders can use Zapier to automatically copy any files they get on Gmail to their Dropbox account for better storage. Alternatively, you could use Zapier to alert users on Slack whenever something new appears in your cloud storage folders.
The best thing about Zapier?
Whether you’re connecting accounting software to your store back-end, or collaboration and email tools, you don’t need any coding skills.
However, despite its benefits, Zapier isn’t right for everyone.
An Introduction to Zapier
Before we start looking at possible Zapier alternatives, it’s worth exploring what Zapier can do.
Essentially, Zapier is a tool that helps businesses to create links between multiple apps in their toolkit. Using Zapier, companies can establish workflows that work according to triggers. “Zaps,” or workflows, are paths of activities that you create with a few clicks.
For instance, you might create a Zap that notifies your Slack team whenever you set up a meeting on a shared company calendar.
Zapier offers teams a way to simplify the way that work gets done by bringing more tools together. Because it’s all about simplicity, there’s no need to learn any complex coding. Plus, if you do have any problems, the customer service team is always on-hand to help.
- Powerful app integrations
- Excellent automation tools
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Custom workflow support
- Wide community of people to help out
- Might be a bit costly
- Learning curve for beginners
While Zapier has a lot of benefits, it’s not ideal for everyone. Fortunately, there are other alternatives to explore. Here are just some of the top options.
Described as the “glue of the internet,” Integromat is an online automation platform that helps thousands of businesses to combine their digital services, systems, and apps. Companies that already trust Integromat include Uber and Cisco.
One of the best features of Integromat is its brilliant visual editor. The user-friendly tool makes it easy to create automated workflows without having to experiment with code. This helps people to understand how the various automations available work. Additionally, Integromat integrates with hundreds of services and apps too.
There are JSON and HTTP modules so that you can explore more opportunities. Another great feature is the large number of templates that you can unlock to set up custom workflows.
- Workflows and tasks are easy to automate
- Generous free plans allow experimentation with lots of workflows
- Connections to hundreds of apps and services
- More automated workflows available than with Zapier
- Limited customer support
- Need to pay extra for better customer service
Automate.io is another effective solution for digital integrations. Created to support companies in automating and enhancing cloud-based apps, this service is great for custom workflows. You can experiment with solutions for business processes, eCommerce, marketing, and sales.
Automate.io is an easy-to-use tool where you can experiment with a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface. One-to-one and multi-app workflows are both available. You can even automate social and email campaigns. Create a host of unique applications and actions to simplify your workflows. Plus, there are excellent automation for ecommerce stores.
Whether you’re tracking sales on Facebook or automatically sending invoices, Automate.io has you covered.
- Easy to use functionality for beginners
- Lots of actions to explore (more than you get from Zapier on the free tier)
- Multi-step workflows available
- Experiment with more triggers than you get on Zapier
- Zapier has access to more apps and services
- Pricing can be high
The chances are that Microsoft already delivers many of your crucial workplace tools and applications. Why not use Microsoft for your automation too? Flow is a state-of-the-art service that outshines Zapier in many ways.
With Microsoft Flow, you can explore a wide selection of templates for developing automated workflows. All the apps and links you need come already organized into categories. What’s more, Microsoft Flow checks your apps for new information on a regular basis.
Flow also has its own app for Android and iOS users. This means that you can set up workflows and monitor your triggers whenever and however you like.
- Unlimited flow creation options
- Run up to 750 tasks a month (only 100 for Zapier free)
- Excellent easy-to-use interface
- Included smartphone app option
- Not as many apps and services as Zapier
- Might be less appealing to people who don’t use Microsoft tools
A popular choice for brands worldwide, Actiondesk provides non-technical teams with a convenient way to develop a data-driven workflow. With Actiondesk, you can import data from Hubspot, SQL, Salesforce, and more, so that you have an all-in-one environment for information.
Although Actiondesk is a bit more of a basic option for automations than the other tools here, it still helps companies to save time and money. You can build powerful automation experiencers using simple skills. For instance, if you want to make sure you have a single point of truth for all your customer data, Actiondesk can help.
Actiondesk comes with workflow management services, data-driven automated workflows, and rapid updates. That means that you always have the latest version of your crucial information.
- Brilliant for a single source of truth
- Saves a lot of time searching for information
- Easy to import information from various environments
- Excellent for productivity
- Not as many integrations as Zapier
- Takes a while to figure out how everything works
Just like Zapier, Workato is a helpful application that combines features and functionality from various parts of your business into one environment. Workato has an intuitive interface where businesses can create automations in seconds. There’s no coding needed, and you can design workflows to suit any need.
Workato is a convenient platform that offers a wide range of features to people from all backgrounds. There are also hundreds of thousands of community recipes to explore. The vast community means that Workato is a great place to learn about automation as you build them.
Another big bonus of Workato is it’s approach to security. This is an app that takes the safety of your data very seriously. This includes access to controls that give you more management security. There’s also encryption and data masking available too.
- Lots of intelligent triggers for complex workflows
- Conditional triggers and in-sequence processing
- A lot more advanced than Zapier for complex workflows
- Highly scalable for larger businesses
- More security and privacy features
- Support isn’t great from the team itself
- Bit of a learning curve for beginners
Elastic.io is a reliable integration platform ideal for connecting application programming interfaces (APIs). This solution links both on-premise and cloud-based applications securely and quickly. You can use Elastic.io to link everything from your store back-end to your email service.
Although Elastic.io strives to be easy to use, just like the other options on this list, it’s intended a bit more for developers than beginners. There’s more access to coding information and a lot of advanced options. You can even try the service for free.
Unfortunately, Elastic.io is missing some of the apps and services that you can find on Zapier for integration purposes.
- Great for beginners and developers
- Lots of connectors to choose from
- Develop your own connectors from scratch
- Convenient user interface
- Not as many pre-built connectors as Zapier
- No full free plan, although there is a free demo
Finally, IFTTT is probably one of the better-known Zapier alternatives on the market. This application integration service is available to use for free. You can connect not only apps with this tool but devices and hardware around the home or office.
IFTTT is a fantastic service for companies that want to interact with voice assistants, manage their social media posts, and so much more. The wide selection of purpose-built “applets” mean that you don’t have to know too much about coding to get started.
Another major bonus of IFTTT is that there’s a mobile app available. You can create integrations on-the-move, even if you don’t have a computer.
- Access to unlimited app integrations for free
- Smart home and device support
- Lots of flexible applets and integrations
- Mobile smartphone app for integrations on the go
- A little complicated for beginners
- Creating new applets isn’t always easy
Which Are the Best Zapier Alternatives?
In a world where companies need all of their tools and services to work smoothly together, services like Zapier are useful. You can combine your online learning and email apps, track orders, and keep your team up to date. The options are endless.
However, if Zapier doesn’t seem like the right option for you, that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy the benefits of API integrations. There are tons of similar applications out there that may be perfect for you. The list above includes just some of our favorite options.
Need help designing your digital store in the first place? Check out this guide to 5 of the best website builders for small companies.